In an effort to promote the great local businesses of Redwood City, I have this, courtesy of a handful of friends:
I wanted to recommend a great local business here in RWC that is having a hard time financially and we would hate to see them go out of business.
“The Movie Groove and Grind” DVD/video rental and adjacent cafe is a fun and slightly eccentric location where you can rent great movies and get what I consider the best coffee in town. The business is located on the corner of Jefferson and El Camino Real (across Jefferson from Whole Foods). If you haven’t ever been there, please stop in and check them out – if you have been there, please visit again soon!
Here are a few reasons why:
- they offer personable and very knowledgeable service and can make great movie recommendations when you need one
- Scott, Stephanie, and the staff are great in helping direct your kids to worthwhile movies that are age-suitable
- you can get every movie there, new or old
- their custom, made to order gourmet drip coffees are unique and delicious (my favorite is called “The Mexican”, it’s like a dessert)
- they make the best latte in town
- for the kids, they make organic hot or cold chocolate milk
We would be so sad to see this business close. Please pass this on to others you know in our area. Thanks for your support!